POV: You hear the beautiful "cha-ching" notification that is music to your ears. An Etsy sale! You open the app to find that someone has bought not one, but THREE sweatshirts from your small biz.
Live footage of me every time I make a sale:
But here's the catch: Etsy is telling you it's going to be almost $13 to ship. You sigh, and dramatically drag your mouse to the "purchase" button....
...until you remember that Shippo exists. You quickly log into your account, create a label for your sweatshirt order, and gasp:
$8.87 to ship through USPS Priority Mail?!
That's right, I would be saving nearly $4 just by getting my shipping label through Shippo. This is an absolute game changer, especially since saving a couple bucks on shipping can really start to add up.
But seriously, for the longest time I was only using Shippo for my website sales. Since Etsy had a shipping label feature built into their platform, I never thought twice about using another method. However, I began to compare rates and quickly noticed how much money I was wasting by NOT using Shippo ($8.87 for a label vs. $12.70 makes a huge difference, especially when calculating your margins!). Since making the switch to using Shippo for my Etsy sales, I have saved HUNDREDS of dollars and my business has benefited so much. Even saving a couple cents on a label goes a long way, and Shippo has you covered 👏
Pro tip: You can download your Etsy sales as a CSV file and import it directly to Shippo to skip the pain of manually entering each sale. Here's a step by step on how to do it:
1. Sign into your account and head over to Shop Manager
2. Select settings from the drop down menu.
3. Select Options.
4. Select Download Data.
5. Scroll down to Orders and fill it out accordingly.
6. Select Download CSV and save file to your computer.
7. Head over to Shippo and select Upload CSV
8. Upload the CSV file.
9. Match Columns
10. Select Upload
11. Save as CSV Template (I titled this Etsy!)
12. You will receive a message that says "Upload in Progess". Select "Go to Orders Page".
13. You will now see your Etsy orders pop up in your Shippo account! No need to type in people's addresses, what they ordered, or even the weight of the package. Shippo pulls this data from the CSV file which saves you SO much time when you're purchasing labels.
I hope you guys enjoyed this small business tip! & thanks, Shippo, for not only sponsoring this post but also being such an important element in my biz (saving $ = happy Kirsten). Make sure to go check them out and follow them on Instagram (@shipwithshippo)!
Have a great day ◡̈
✰ Follow me on Instagram for more small business tips!
✰ Shop my boutique for handmade tees, sweatshirts, + more!
✰ Check out my Etsy store!